Monday, January 10, 2011

I blame it on Facebook....

I'm feeling rather unproductive and motivated these days.  Its cold outside and dreary and the last thing I want to be doing is focusing on my tasks at hand.  And that's when I get sucked into the vortex of the Internet. 

First I catch up on my favorite sites, then I look for recipes that I might someday cook if only I could remember all the ingredients when I go grocery shopping or where I put the recipe. 

Next I flip through scrap booking sites and sewing sites finding all sorts or projects I could make (but never will).  Then I dream of being independently wealthy so I can stay home and do all these wonderful projects, while I cook and bake everything from scratch for my family, while I can and preserve every fruit and vegetable known to man. Hah!  Like that will happen!!  (The canning part I mean.)

Next up Facebook, and that folks, is where I lay the blame.  I can spend countless, useless hours looking at other people's posts, pictures and playing games.  Now me myself, I don't post a lot.  A few random thoughts here and there.  But you know, the whole seven degrees of separation really comes to light on FB.  And honestly, if I'm being cranky and sensitive and decide to rant and rave just because I can, I don't want it to get back to the people who caused my initial rant in the first place.

So hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will make my to-do lists and start marking stuff off.  And tomorrow I won't check FB every 2 minutes to see if anyone has posted something new that might be of interest.

Off to feign my extraordinary efficiency, all the while playing Zuma Blast and Bejeweled Blitz on FB.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment